Who We Are
Veteran Asset Retrieval is a family and veteran-owned small group of abandoned money professionals working hard scouring government agencies looking to reunite individuals, families, and businesses with money that has mostly gone unnoticed.
With over $2 million in recovered funds for clients in the U.S. and abroad, our years of experience have granted us the privilege of knowing the “ins and outs” of government agencies. If a government agency is holding your funds, we know how to get your share!
What we do
Using the Freedom of Information and Public Records Acts, Veteran Asset Retrieval conducts searches of various government databases looking for people who are owed money by government agencies.
When we find individuals who are owed money, we contact them to obtain permission to work on their behalf to recover their funds. We work for our clients on a contingency fee basis so it costs nothing out of pocket for our services. If we are successful in recovering your money, we charge a minor percentage of the total refund recovered.
How money becomes abandoned
Some examples of funds that are abandoned:
- Savings account
- Checking accounts
- Uncashed checks
- Telephone/utility deposits
- Rental security deposits
- Insurance benefits/policies
- Safe-deposit box contents
- Mortgage insurance refun-ds
- Stocks and Dividends
- Mutual Funds
- Certificate of Deposit
- Trust Funds
- Estate Proceeds
Accounts can become abandoned for many reasons including but not limited to:
- Leaving a job and never claiming a final paycheck
- Failing to notify a company that owes you money that you have moved
- Opening a savings account for a child and forgetting about it
- Moving without getting back your utility deposit
- Forgetting to cash a health insurance check
- Property sale
- Bankruptcy filing
- Neglecting to cash interest or dividend checks on a security
- A friend or loved one taking out an insurance policy and failing to tell anyone before they died
- Not realizing there was money left in a pension or retirement account from a former job
Regardless of what the funds are or why they are being held, if you have received communication from us, we have already determined that you are most likely the rightful owner. Contact us today!